I have been seeing smoked queso all over Facebook so we had to try it!
What you need:
- 1lb Hamburger meat
- Taco seasoning
- 16oz Velveeta
- 8oz Block Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 Tomato (I only used half, just preference)
- 1 Jalapeño pepper
- Foil pan (Make sure its small enough to close your grill
- Cook your meat on the stove top like you would tacos. Don't let it get hard.
- Chop everything else while your meat is browning.
- After everything is in the pan, put it on the grill for 10-15 min. Start stirring as the cheese starts to melt.
We ate this just as a dip with chips, but it would be great on a tortilla!
Smoked queso would be sooooo good with fajiata chicken or beef OR breakfast sausage. I'm totally doing chicken next!
This made a lot of food so I reheated it in the oven for leftovers and added more fresh jalapeño on top.
The Bailee Ann - Texas Blogger